1) By signing with us, according to the product, a typical FCC sales contract for cocoa beans, an OIC sales contract for the Green coffee, an AFI sales contract for the cashew nuts and an INCOGRAIN sales contract for the maize. Sales contract in which the buyer is fully protected by:
– Customer Customized qualities requirements (provided quality measures available in Ivory Coast)
– A quality control before and during boarding/packaging;
– A weight control at departure or at arrival.
– A payment against bill of lading and others documents
2) By the CCC international contracts system
There is a system allowing companies not based in Ivory Coast to buy cocoa from the CCC (Conseil Café-Cacao) by participating in auctions on the CCC international messaging system that generates sales contracts between international buyers and the CCC.
This standardized contract offers to the international buyers a complete security in the payment as well as in the quality and the weight control.
These CAF contracts, convertible into FOB, allow payment against bill of lading, quality at packaging level based on Ivorian quality standards. The terms of the contract, quality specifications in particular, may be modified with the approval of the CCC.
The contracts are executed (beans purchase and export operations) by Ivorian exporters chosen by the CCC for each season or campaign.